Everything you need to transition from heating engineer to heat pump installer.
This framework has been curated by Heat Geek to provide the perfect pathway for heating installers currently working in domestic gas installation to transition towards low carbon technology, particularly focussing on air source heat pumps.
The training that the entrants will attend is designed to teach best practice for installation of the units as well as full design of the system and understanding retrofit, this latter understanding is the most crucial aspect of maintaining efficiency and reliability of not only heat pumps, but all heating systems and where most current installations fall short.
The pathway has a healthy mix of hands-on, classroom based, and online training, but most importantly has a large focus on peer to peer training and engagement and gives a platform to support this. The in person training will be mainly held from our Surrey-based Renewable Energy hub which has many working and display technologies including a variety of Air source heat pumps, Solar thermal, Hydrogen fuel cell, Solar PV and Batteries among other products.
This 4-6 week course includes:
- BPEC – Heat Pump Installation and Maintenance certification (3 day in-person)
- Introduction to Hydronics (2 day in-person)
- Introduction to Heat loss and Heat Engineer Software (1 year subscription)
- Heat Geeks Heating design Mastery (Online 80-200 hours)
- Hands on Introduction to Installation, commissioning and servicing of heat pumps (1 day in-person)
- Online seminar – Becoming MCS Accredited (1 day online)
- Introduction to Umbrella Schemes & Heat Geek Recap Session – Q&A (1 day in-person)
If you need support during this course, please use the Facebook Group.
When Joining our Facebook Support group, you MUST answer all questions to be accepted.
Minimum purchase of 5 courses required